Body Shop Crazy

IG photo
I posted the photo above about two days ago, showing off 3 of my most favourite products from The Body Shop's (crazy) Buy 1 Get 1 Anniversary Sale haul  from last week.


Initial Haul
I'm pretty stingy when it comes to buying stuff for myself, so personally, I think The Body Shop is on the pricier end of the spectrum. We (I was with my best friend) went in the store just to look around. I have recently ran out of loose powder and I thought that if it was included in the sale, I should get one. (I don't use compact as it causes my skin to break out, I have found that The Body Shop's Loose Powder is the only thing that works for me and gives me a nice, every day look coverage)

The Body Shop's Loose Powder in 02


Imagine our surprise (and utter glee) when we realized that it was their anniversary sale, we spent a good 45 minutes trying to decide which products to get.

Satsuma Body Mist

Last year, my cousin gave me a Satsuma Eau De Toilette and I fell in love with it. I love fruity, zesty fragrances as opposed sweet smells. Since the 30ml eau de toilette is twice as much as a 100ml body mist, I opted to get the body spray instead (which I later on regretted as I realised that it would not fit my tiny purse).

Elderflower Cooling Eye Gel

I would swear by Garnier's Eye Roll-On as it is something that I regularly use. The one I have is in beige which I use as a base to lighten up my dark circles before I wear any make up. This baby, however, is a miracle! The cooling eye gel is ice cream to my eyes. It's something that I put on to relax my eye area, any time of the day. It's cooling effect is amazing and relaxing, and uhhh! I do not have enough words for it! I even use it as a base for the Garnier's Eye Roll-On. It's unperfumed (the one I got is) so it does not irritate my eye and is safe enough to any time I want.


Camomille Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
Truthfully, I was a bit skeptical about getting this product. I swear by BioDerma and have not seen any make remover of sorts that will equal in terms of effectiveness and gentleness. This, however, may just make BioDerma a run for their money. It's butter that's not sticky or greasy that you massage on to your  dry face and wash off with warm water or a damp cloth, and it completely removes make up. It's even safe enough that I use it to remove any eye make up, even my waterproof mascara. I especially like using it on my eye area as I will be able to control the pressure of my fingers (we all know the eye area is way sensitive), whilst I'm trying to remove my mascara. I particularly like wearing make up now, just so I can use this at the end of the day to remove make up. Haha (Full disclosure: I still use BioDerma after I use the cleansing butter, often on my neck and just to make sure I pick up all the left over butter on my face.)

Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

About 3 months ago, I ran out of moisturizer (I normally use Olay's Daily Fair Cream, I forgot the name), and I couldn't bring myself to spend money to get a new one. I would normally just slather Nuetrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock (SPF 55) on my face both as a sunscreen and a make up base. The Seaweed mattifying cream got me curious though. Yes, its 4x as expensive as Olay but it was on sale and I thought I should give it a try. And boy! Am I glad I did! The product is so rich that I only need a little less than a pea size to cover my entire face and neck. It feels great on my face and controls the oil.

A few days after though, as I lugged my full size Seaweed Mattifying Cream and the Camomille Cleansing Butter to a weekend a few cities away, I realised how much of a hassle bringing them along, so I decided to stop by The Body Shop again and purchased a travel size Seaweed line.

The Body Shop Travel Essential Seaweed Line: Light Blue Travel Pouch, Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, Seaweed Clarifying Toner, Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment, and Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream 


I have tried both the Toner and the Night Cream and I must say, they are an absolute delight. My face is loving it!

And remember how I said I regretted not getting a the Satsuma Eau de Toilette. I also got two of those!

Satsuma Eau De Toilette
Having fallen in love with the Seaweed line, part of me wanted to do purchase more of the stuff online since the US site has an ongoing 40% sitewide sale! Oh if only I could have someone bring me those goodies!





Comments