#Passion2014

I cannot begin to verbalize how grateful I am to be part of Passion 2014. 

I remember in 2011 how I cried because I was stuck in Dubai while Passion was in Manila, and how I promised myself that if they ever come back, I would make sure to see and worship with brothers and sisters in Christ. I remember hoping and waiting in 2013 that they will do a stint in Manila (since they did 2009 and 2011 and I thought it was every two years or so). I remember being disappointed when they didn't. 

I remember Relient K coming last year and also feeling frustrated that I didn't get to see them. I remember thinking of all my missed moments. (Relient K is not part of Passion but I still wanted to see them).

So last week, the Passion Ad popped up somewhere in my NewsFeed and I scrambled as I realized that it would be this week. I checked the tickets but they were already sold out. I almost cried. But because the Manila gig quickly sold out, they added another night. I reserved tickets and when I came to pick it up, I was told that there were a few tickets left for the March 28 show, which was the day I originally wanted to come see. 

Forgetting that it was a Friday and that the traffic is brutal and none of the taxis wanted to give us a ride; we arrived about 30minutes later and the worship was already starting. But I didnt mind. I dove right into it. Truly God's presence was at the place! 

I love Louie Giglio and his preaching style, he was funny and entertaining and to say that he is passionate is such an understatement. 

Louie's preaching was about how God makes dancers out of non-dancers, and true I didn't relate much on the non-dancing part as a child I used to dance a lot, but when he mentioned that they already played God's Great Dance Floor and might not play it again because a lot of people seemed bent on not dancing; my heart sank a bit. God's Great Dance Floor is just once of those songs that you can't help but dance to when you hear it (or at the very least bob your head to). 


Kristian Stanfill, David Crowder, and band only played 2 songs that I haven't heard of before but I didn't care because all the familiar worship songs made it much easier for me to sing along and just worship; truly worship. After a few more songs, Louie came back out and talked about how God commanded the heavens, the earth, and everything around and in it to praise Him. And to prove that the universe does praise God, Louie played the sound that the stars make as they orbit their axis, which is like a base beat. He also played the songs of humpback whales to show how the creatures of earth praise God. 

After showing us all the sounds of the universe, he proceeded to mash up all the sounds to make a beat. Pretty catchy. And then he turned down all the other sounds except the song of the humpback whales and he asked everyone to guess what was the song that the humpback whales were singing. With a few beats and a very soft accompaniment from the band, it started sounding like How Great is Our God. And everyone joined in on the song! SO I GOT TO SING WITH THE HUMPBACK WHALES  I GOT TO WORSHIP GOD WITH THE HUMPBACK WHALES. And then Louie played the songs of the stars. I GOT TO WORSHIP GOD WITH THE WHALES AND THE STARS!!! TRULY AMAZING!! 

At one point, maybe to cue in that the program was almost over, the lights dimmed and everyone started asking for more. The lights came back up  Kristian began to reintroduce the team and thanked Manila. And then they played a reprise of God's Great Dance Floor. The whole place was dancing and worshipping God, it was such an amazing sight! God was truly working! 

I feel so blessed and so happy. I know I don't make much sense but that's mainly because I'm still overwhelmed by the experience, so much so that I didn't get to take one single photo! Ha! 

And although the experience was amazing, I love how Louie ended his preaching, he said that after this night, he wished not to hear about how people would talk about Passion, how amazing it was, or the music, or whatever else, rather he hopes that people would talk about the reason for Passion, people would talk about Jesus more. 

And I know, I know, my post must seem that I do talk about the experience itself, but let it be said that the experience itself would not have been possible if Jesus Christ hadn't touched my heart and changed my life. And yes, I enjoy a good worship and a catchy song every now and then, but I will not be able to enjoy, listen, understand, feel, and worship, if God hasn't given me this ability to do so. My life is His as He has given His life to me. And I am alive in God's great dance floor. Thank you Jesus! All the glory and honor is Yours alone! 

Comments